Friday 11 October 2013

Joyful, Joyful

There is nothing greater than love. When I was younger I thought I knew what that meant. Thankfully, I have experienced many loves in my life. I have a wonderful husband who I love dearly. I have two beautiful children who bring me joy everyday. I have great parents and a lovely sister and brother. I have an amazing extended family of nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, and cousins. And despite all this I am sitting at 44 just beginning to understand what love is all about.

Looking back, I realize how selfish I have been at times. How self centered I've been at different points in my life. It reminds me of the part in A Christmas Carol where Jacob Marley tells Scrooge, "Mankind was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business." 

I hope to go on a voyage of discovery that will probably last the rest of my life of how to really love others. It all begins with my own attitude - with my thoughts and preoccupations. I have so much to be joyful about, and I wish to share this joy with others.

This blog is going to be a space where I can simply put down my thoughts. Some will be deep and others not so deep. It's all about me - warts and all. I will write about my faith journey, my life journey, and my hope that I can become the person that I know in my heart I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment